Monday, July 23, 2012

Going...going...

Creative Commons Rights: flickr user Diana Parkhouse














Auctions can be entertaining and informative. It is not necessary to have an interest in what is for sale to get excited by the tension as bidders compete for a purchase. Ebay can cause a stir to bidders as the seconds tick down, but it cannot beat being in the room of a live auction. Last week I went to Nesbit's property auction, which has the added attraction of being held in the grand building of the Royal Marines Museum. I accompanied Matt a student on the University of Portsmouth's Masters in Property Development. It was Matt's first time and I think he will be going again. There is a lot to learn at an auction for anyone involved in property. It gives a good impression of market activity, value and the reasons for buying and selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment